Manassas Landlord or Tenant Lawyer
In the current economy, both evictions and tenant complaints are on the rise. And in this market, it’s often in the best interests of both parties to resolve disputes and maintain the tenancy.
Thomas R. Breeden, P.C., represents property owners or tenants in eviction proceedings and other landlord-tenant disputes. Call our law firm at 703-659-0188 for an initial consultation about your rights and options. Based in Manassas, we handle residential and commercial property conflicts in Prince William County, Fairfax County and surrounding jurisdictions of Northern Virginia.
We can advise you about your rights under Virginia law when tenants are in default on rent or in violation of other terms of the lease. Mr. Breeden can:
- Initiate eviction proceedings
- Negotiate with renters on past due rent
- Obtain and enforce judgments to collect back rent and damages
Tenant’s Rights Representation
If you are otherwise a good tenant, most landlords are willing to work with you if you are behind on rent. We can help even after eviction has commenced. Mr. Breeden can represent commercial tenants or apartment dwellers in any situation:
- Defense against eviction
- Negotiation of back rent (repay over time, partial repayment)
- Defense against collection actions
- Withheld security deposits
- Early termination of your lease
- Forcing landlords to make repairs or ensure safe housing conditions, including toxic mold issues
Thomas R. Breeden, P.C., can also draft and review residential or commercial lease agreements, or renegotiate terms of an existing lease.
Tom Breeden brings 30 years of experience in landlord-tenant law, and a knack for resolving disputes to the satisfaction of both sides. Contact our Manassas office for an initial consultation. Call 703-659-0188 or 703-659-0188.