Manassas Consumer Credit Attorney
Plus Strong Advocacy in Many Other Areas of the Law
The law firm of Thomas R. Breeden, P.C., provides experienced and aggressive representation in consumer protection and other fields of law. From a Manassas law office, we have served thousands of clients in Prince William County, Fairfax County and Northern Virginia since 1991, and we are confident we can advance or protect your interests as well. Call us at 703-659-0188 or contact us online to arrange your initial consultation with a Manassas attorney.
Our Practice Areas
Manassas attorney Tom Breeden is well-known for his results in consumer protection law , including:
- Auto dealer fraud : We know all the scams car dealers use to line their pockets at your expense.
- Mortgage lending scams : We have sued lenders, appraisers and other professionals for defrauding homebuyers.
- Contractor fraud or construction defects : We bring actions against homebuilders for bilking homeowners or performing shabby or unsafe construction, including issues involving mold litigation.
- Credit report errors: We force credit bureaus to fix errors that affect your credit rating, and pursue damages if they won’t.
- Identity theft : We work to restore your good credit when your personal information has been stolen and misused, as well as ID theft issues that result in credit errors.
- Employers’ use of credit reports : We hold employers accountable for hiring, firing or other employment actions based on wrong credit reports or non-disclosure of credit checks.
- Underhanded debt collectors : You can sue for damages under federal laws for abusive or deceptive debt collection practices.
- Debt collection defense : We protect consumers’ rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Repossession and deficiency defense : We can inform you of your rights and options if your car has been repossessed and sold at auction.
Landlord-Tenant Law : We represent property owners or renters in landlord-tenant disputes, mold litigation and evictions, and draft or review residential and commercial leases.
Wills and Probate : Mr. Breeden helps clients anticipate future scenarios and draft a simple will that protects you and your heirs. He also represents the estate, excluded heirs or other parties in probate litigation.
Business Law : We protect the interests of small businesses and partnerships in start-ups, transactions, contracts and leases, and we can file an action or defend your company in business litigation (contracts disputes, employment agreements, torts). Mr. Breeden also represents commercial creditors in collection actions.
Bankruptcy Law : Facing overwhelming debt and endless debt collection efforts can be daunting. We can review your individual circumstances with a comprehensive analysis and guide you through a difficult financial time. Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy are time-honored methods of achieved a fresh start. However, we can evaluate your individual circumstances and also advise you about possible alternative forms of credit card debt relief, creditor harassment, repossession and foreclosure defense matters, as well as rebuilding credit after bankruptcy.
Family Law : We pursue solutions in divorce and property division disputes as well as child custody and visitation matters, and handle all manner of family law issues, including post-divorce modifications, paternity and stepparent adoption.
Personal Injury : Prompt investigation, thorough documentation of claims and a willingness to try cases consistently produces good settlements for personal injury clients. We represent victims of car accidents, drunk driving accidents, slip-and-falls, defective products or assaults. We represent seriously injured people, including those who have sustained spinal cord injuries.
Call a consumer protection and general practice law firm that cares about you. Reach us at 703-659-0188 or fill out our online contact form. If Mr. Breeden is not immediately available, he will contact you shortly.