Manassas Debt Collection Defense Lawyer
Are you being harassed by debt collectors who call at all hours and send threatening letters? Living with this type of unnecessary interruption and stress is a burden. You can fight back. With help from the law offices of Thomas R. Breeden, P.C., you can explore your rights and options in putting a stop to harassing debt collectors. Bankruptcy is among the options offered as part of our debt collection defense.
Is Bankruptcy an Option for You?
Bankruptcy can be a viable option for many consumers experiencing overwhelming and unpaid debt. Tom Breeden has been protecting the rights of consumers since 1991. Many consumers requiring debt collection defense are relieved to hear that bankruptcy is an option. Mr. Breeden can explain to you the differences between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, determine if you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, file an automatic stay — putting an immediate halt to debt collectors’ attempts to collect the debt — and protect your rights in meetings with creditors and trustees.
Our firm offers vigorous debt collection defense services. We have successfully handled many lawsuits against major credit card companies, collection firms and abusive debt collectors.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
Under the FDCPA, it is unlawful for debt collectors to engage activities such as the following:
- Calling before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m.
- Continuing to call you after you have informed them in writing that you dispute the debt
- Calling you at work after you requested them to stop
- Failing to inform you that you have a right to dispute the debt
- Adding undisclosed fees and costs to the debt
- Informing your employer or relatives about the nature and amount of the debt
- Threatening legal action that will not be taken
- Threatening to have you arrested or charged with a crime in conjunction with the debt
If you require experienced debt collection defense, contact our firm to schedule your initial consultation. We can discuss your Bankruptcy options and any alternatives that may be available.